JW CORE provide our clients with a professional but fun approach to functional exercise.
Our members will benefit from improved body movement and physical conditioning which in turn will make them feel great. We Combine components of sports conditioning with functional movement based exercise to ensure the safest, most effective way to train your body. Exercising your body correctly in the present, will help it work better in the future.
Our range of classes cater to everyone from the first time exerciser, to individuals with medical conditions referred by their GP, and to the professional athlete aiming to further adapt to the demands of their sport.
Our clients are assured close interaction with our trainers, therefore profiting from high quality methods, motivation and advice.
No fads • No shortcuts • No Nonsense
At JW CORE we teach martial arts classes in our specifically matted martial arts area. These classes combine two traditional styles of martial arts. Kung Fu, and Kickboxing.
Our classes are designed for the students who not only want to learn how to defend themselves but are also interested in the traditional aspects and teachings of Chinese Kung Fu.
We teach Kids Kung fu, Lades self-defence and Kung fu and kickboxing for adults
Classes typically include
- Punching, kicking, blocking and sweeps
- Bag / kick shield work
- Sparring (semi contact points fighting and light continuous)
- Traditional sets
- Arm and Kick blocks
- Sticking hands
- Tai Chi
- Weaponry – Knife defence, Staff fighting and nun chucks.
*See our timetable for our various martial arts classes
Monday: 10am – 8pm
Tuesday: 10am – 8pm
Wednesday: 10am – 8pm
Thursday: 10am – 8pm
Friday: 10am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 11am
Sunday: 9am – 11am (By appointment)
Closed Bank Holidays
Tharston Industrial Estate, Long Stratton.
Download latest timetable here
Please be aware of our opening hours as
- Sports Conditioning and Clinic are not members classes but reserved times for private usage of the facility.
- Clinic is where members and non-members can pre-book Swedish massage (a form of relaxing body massage) or Sports massage treatments. Also available are nutritional consultations and sports psychology counselling.